2018: Timeless Japan (2570)
10 days from Tokyo to Osaka
TOKYO Shibuya Tokyu REI Hotel (MF)MOUNT FUJI AREA Daiwa Roynet Numazu (MF)KYOTO Kyoto Tokyu Hotel (F)HIROSHIMA Hiroshima Tokyu REI Hotel (F)OSAKA Shin-Osaka Esaka Tokyu REI Hotel (MF)
Call 1 (800) 600-5587 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13882718
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2018
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Tokyo||Welcome to Japan's capital city. Hotel rooms are available for mid-afternoon check-in.|
|Day 2||Tokyo||Meet your Tour Director and traveling companions prior to morning sightseeing in Tokyo. Your tour starts with a visit to MEIJI SHRINE, a magnificent 20th-century Shinto monument set in a man-made forest. Next, visit SHINJUKU GYOEN GARDEN. Originally dating from the early 1600s, the garden was destroyed in World War II and reopened in 1949 as a public park. Today, it remains a very popular stop for locals and visitors alike. Last stop is the ASAKUSA KANNON TEMPLE and the bustling NAKAMISE SHOPPING ARCADE. The balance of the afternoon is at leisure. (B)|
|Day 3||Mount Fuji Area||This morning, leave Tokyo and head south along the coast to Kamakura to see the 750-year-old GREAT BUDDHA. Continue on to the Mount Fuji area for a CRUISE on Lake Ashi, followed by a CABLE-CAR RIDE (weather permitting) for panoramic views of spectacular Mount Fuji, Japan's highest mountain. (B,L)|
|Day 4||Kyoto||This morning, board one of Japan's famous BULLET TRAINS bound for Kyoto. Upon arrival, visit the FUSHIMI INARI SHRINE, renowned for the thousands of brightly colored Torii Gates. This evening, you may choose to stay (additional expense) in a traditional Japanese ryokan. (B) Traditional Ryokan StayImmerse yourself in the Japanese culture and hospitality at a ryokan (Japanese inn). Your ryokan, Gion Hatanaka, features traditional touches-tatami mat floors, a thin sleeping mattress on the floor, and the chance to experience a Japanese-style bath-as well as the modern convenience of a private bathroom. Included: transfers to/from ryokan and from/to hotel in Kyoto; traditional Japanese dinner and breakfast.NOTE: Space is limited. See Dates & Prices for supplement.|
|Day 5||Kyoto||Your day begins with a visit to NIJO CASTLE, built in 1603 as the official residence of Shogun Tokugawa Ieyasu. Then, visit stunning Kinkakuji, the TEMPLE OF THE GOLD PAVILION, covered in shimmering gold leaf. Lastly, visit KIYOMIZU TEMPLE, the 'Pure Water Temple,' with stunning views over Kyoto. Along the way, walk through the busy streets where shops and restaurants have been catering to pilgrims for centuries. (B)|
|Day 6||Hiroshima||The morning is at your leisure to explore more of Kyoto's historic temples and shrines. This afternoon, drive south to Hiroshima. (B)|
|Day 7||Hiroshima||Today's sightseeing starts at PEACE MEMORIAL PARK, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, to see the PEACE MEMORIAL, commonly referred to as the Atomic Bomb Dome, that has been preserved just as it was on August 6, 1945, immediately after the bombing. You will also visit the MEMORIAL MUSEUM and MEMORIAL HALL, which memorialize the lives lost that day. Next, join the afternoon excursion to MIYAJIMA ISLAND to visit ITSUKUSHIMA SHRINE, a UNESCO World Heritage Site known for its floating Torii Gate. (B)|
|Day 8||Osaka||Drive north to Okayama and visit KORAKU-EN, one of the 'Three Great Gardens of Japan.' Covering some 30 acres, the garden features ponds, plum groves, and tea fields. A unique feature not typically found in Japanese gardens are the wide lawns which are said to help uplift the spirit and promote open mindedness. Continue on to Osaka and enjoy the evening at leisure. (B)|
|Day 9||Osaka||Your sightseeing tour starts at the OPEN-AIR MUSEUM OF OLD JAPANESE FARM HOUSES, where traditional thatched-roof farm houses dating from the Edo period have been restored. See the old architecture and be transported back in time. Next, visit OSAKA CASTLE and take a WALKING TOUR in Dotonbori, the city's most famous entertainment district. The remainder of the day is at your leisure. Perhaps return to Dotonbori this evening to sample some local cuisine and see the sparkling neon lights. (B)|
|Day 10||Osaka||Your tour ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Dates & Prices do not include international air travel. Prices are for all land arrangements. Gratuities for Tour Director and driver are available for pre-purchase.Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single Room Supplement:$735Triple Rooms are not available.Extra nights per person in Tokyo:in single room $280; in twin room $188Extra nights per person in Osaka:in single room $174; in twin room $128Ryokan stay: $330 per person in twin room; $420 single room supplement
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).