Wonderful France Preview 2018
Brochure Type: Preview 2018 USA
Pop the cork for a sparkling encounter with Paris, the French Riviera, Burgundy's gastronomic talents and the Roman footprints left on the French landscape centuries ago. View the Palace of the Popes at Avignon, soak up the sun-kissed charm of the Cote d'Azur and meet the widow of Pierre Salinger, special advisor to John F. Kennedy, over a home-cooked meal.
- City tour in Arles
- Insider walking tour in Paris
- Orientation of Paris, Beaune, Lyon, Monaco, Nice and Avignon
- View Place Bellecour and the Basilica of Notre Dame in Lyon, the Royal Palace and Cathedral in Monaco and the Palace of the Popes in Avignon
- Visit the Eiffel Tower and Pont du Gard
- 8 hot buffet breakfasts
- 4 dinners (including Be My Guest)
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- TGV Express train between Paris and Avignon.
- VIP entry to many sights
Call 1 (800) 600-5587 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13495485
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2017
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Paris||Arrive Paris (2 Nights): Welcome to Paris. Relax after your journey or take a leisurely stroll through the City of Light. This evening meet your Travel Director and companions for a Welcome Reception. Later enjoy an evening drive to see some of the most famous Parisian landmarks including the Champs Elysees and the Arc de Triomphe.Welcome Reception|
Renaissance La Defense
|Day 2||Paris||Paris Sightseeing: Today your Local Specialist reveals not just where, but how real Parisians live and shop, showing you the quaint historical local neighbourhoods. This short insider walk finishes at one of Paris's loveliest squares, little known to outsiders, but a real favourite of the locals. Visit the second level of the Eiffel Tower for breathtaking views across the city. Tonight why not experience a traditional Parisian Cabaret?Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 3||Lyon||Paris - Beaune - Lyon: Journey through the Burgundy wine region and stop in the regional capital Beaune. Later arrive in Lyon, the great gastronomic city and UNESCO World Heritage Site. Perhaps discover the Old Town and enjoy a Beaujolais dinner in a local 'Bouchon'.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 4||French Riviera||Lyon - Monaco - French Riviera (2 Nights): Travel south to the Principality of Monaco. View the Palace of the ruling Grimaldi family and the cathedral where the late Princess Grace and Prince Rainier were married. Enjoy a Regional Meal this evening in Monaco before arriving at your hotel in Nice on the French Riviera.Buffet Breakfast, Regional Meal|
|Day 5||French Riviera||French Riviera: Spend today as you wish. The Cote d'Azur is a sparkling and pristine stretch of famous coastline. You might like to relax on the beach, shop in elegant boutiques or perhaps visit the hilltop town of St. Paul de Vence.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 6||Avignon||French Riviera - Pont du Gard - Avignon (2 Nights): Visit Pont du Gard aqueduct with a Local Specialist. Enjoy a guided walk along the top of the impressive aqueduct which dates back to Roman times. Later arrive in Avignon where your orientation includes views of the imposing Palace of the Popes and the ruined bridge straddling the River Rhone. This bridge inspired the famous French song 'sur le pont d'Avignon'.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 7||Avignon||Arles Excursion: Today travel to Arles and marvel at the Roman amphitheatre and Romanesque Cathedral during your sightseeing with a Local Specialist, a city where Vincent Van Gogh lived for a time. Tonight enjoy a delicious Be My Guest meal in a converted historic mill on the banks of the River Sorgue.Buffet Breakfast, Be My Guest Dining|
|Day 8||Paris||Avignon - TGV Train - Paris: This morning take the high-speed TGV train through the heart of France, past Auxerre and the sprawling vineyards of Burgundy back to Paris. Tonight celebrate with your Travel Director and newfound friends at a Farewell Dinner in the City of Light.Buffet Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 9||Depart Paris||Depart Paris: This morning after breakfast, say 'au revoir' to Paris, your fellow companions and Travel Director as this fascinating journey through France comes to an end. Transfers are available. Conditions apply.Buffet Breakfast|
- Conditions and restrictions apply, visit www.trafalgar.com/previewconditions for details.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class